Sunday, January 9, 2011

Zoom Zoom the Little Red Honda

After 9+ years and about 110,000 miles on my Ford F-150 I decided that enough waste was enough. I did some research and was able to fine a reasonably priced 1989 Honda Civic. We met with the owner, took her around the block for a test drive, negotiated a price and came back the next evening with cash. The last thing the guy said to me was "my girls call her Zoom Zoom." Seeing no need to change a good car name Zoom Zoom she stays.

Being a geek/dork/nerd and with the goal of increasing my fuel efficiency I did some math. My F-150 would get about 250 miles per 25 gallon tank at a cost of about $90 per tank (I run Super because, well, it's super, burns cleaner and breaks about even on extra mileage versus $$$ per gallon). I looked up hypermiling on the internet and found www.ecomodder.com. Rummaging through their message boards I came across the Aero Civic and subsequently www.metrompg.com and my dream of streamlining Zoom Zoom began.

So this, this blog, is a chronicle of Zoom Zoom the Little Red Honda, her modifications and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment